The new world of book coaching is exploding! Joanna Penn describes book coaches as writing with writers at every step of the creative process, offering editorial guidance, emotional support, and project management to help writers do their best work.
Here’s a helpful list of book coaches for all writers seeking editorial advice and input as you progress along the writing journey.
Note that I’ve recently thrown my hat in the ring as a professional book coach, and so my site is listed along with the rest.
- Jennie Nash is a very well known and successful book coach.
- She is the author of Altared States: Surviving the Engagement. Her writing has been featured in Glamour, Mademoiselle, and The New York Times Magazine. She is the national spokesperson for the Ford Motor Company’s Breast Cancer Awareness Program.
- With more than 20 years of experience in the business of publishing and media, Jane can help you make smart decisions about your publishing and digital media strategy, and position you for long-term growth.
- Jane’s Hot Sheet is a go-to publication in the publishing world and her advice is very helpful.
- Lisa Tener and her team can help you write your book or book proposal, as well as guide you with the “platform building” (developing a following and reach online and offline) that publishers are looking for.
- Lisa can help you develop a publishing strategy and can also connect you with publishing industry professionals that can help you with various aspects of the journey from editors to ghostwriters to social media and PR experts to web designers and marketing experts, as well as literary agents and publishers.
- Ned Hayes is a bestselling author, an experienced editor, writing instructor and long-time journalist. He specializes in novel editing as a professional book coach, but he also takes on the occasional nonfiction book project.
- As an experienced book coach, Ned offers a variety of editorial services from open consultations to query letter coaching to complete novel read-throughs and deeper developmental edits. He also provides nonfiction book proposal engagements and a variety of online classes
- To do deeper work on your query or hands-on book coaching, you can hire him for a short editing session or a long-term engagement.