Welcome book club members, reviewers and active readers! This spring, the new novel THE EAGLE TREE is being read and featured by many book clubs and book club blogs. Thank you for your interest and reading!
Here are resources for active readers.
Information about Ned Hayes
the Amazon best-selling author of The Eagle Tree and Sinful Folk
- Questions & Answers with the Author (Extensive Author Questionnaire from the Publisher — in PDF for Download)
- Video Interview with Ned Hayes (via BookNote)
Previous Book Club Pick: Sinful Folk
Book Clubs have also shown great interest in Ned Hayes’s previous novel Sinful Folk. Here is helpful information as you begin your journey into the world of the 1300s, and the story of Miriam, a fallen nun who must travel across England in winter as she seeks justice for her son and hopes to fulfill a last promise to her mother.
SINFUL FOLK is based on real historical events in 1377. Ned Hayes first came across a record of this incident in a graduate seminar on medieval literature and Geoffrey Chaucer, led by noted medieval scholar Richard Emmerson, and conceived the first page and the idea of this novel nearly ten years before he wrote the rest of the book. As he wrote, he began to focus on one single character — and eventually re-wrote the book in the voice of Miriam.
- Book Group Questions – Suggested Questions from Publisher Campanile Press (Also get the PDF version for download)
- Overview and Summary of Sinful Folk (and Press Release as PDF)
- Download the First Chapters — the first chapters are available for free download
- Endorsements by Other Authors — Best-selling writers and Pulitzer Prize Winners recommend Sinful Folk
Information about Sinful Folk illustrator Nikki McClure